Parish Liturgy Committee
There should be harmony and diligence among all... (in the preparation of the liturgy). This should take place under the direction of the rector of the church and after consultation with the faithful in things that directly pertain to them’. (General Instruction of the Roman Missal, n. 111)
THE Liturgy Committee is a group composed of the different coordinators of the various liturgical ministries of the Parish, with the Parish Priest as chair and presider. It has the following tasks:
- The preparation of Sunday Mass and other special Liturgical celebration.
- To provide opportunities for formation for liturgical ministers and for the entire assembly as well as for its own members.
- Co-ordination requires communication with the various liturgical ministers. Each should be aware of his or her own task and role.
- To evaluate parish liturgical celebrations particularly at the end of a liturgical season. The key criterion for evaluation of a liturgical celebration is whether or not the people were able to participate fully, consciously and actively.
- To set some medium and long-term goals to work towards.
Rev. Fr RICHARD ROSSE, PP
Rev CHRIS CREO, Deacon & Pastoral Associate
Mrs MARGARET BARTOLO, Sacristan
Ms MARY BORG, Coordinator-EMHC
Ms MARIA CARNOVALE (minute secretary)
Mr ROBERT DURAI, Coordinator-Altar Servers
Ms REGINA ENDAYA, Coordinator-Readers
Ms WENDY ROSS, Coordinator-Music Ministry